NOTE: Effective 4th November, 2019, the Tanzania Immigration Department has introduced a new system whereby all visa applications are made online. UK residents can no longer obtain visa stickers from the Tanzania High Commission in London due to this change.
Applican ts are strongly advised to apply for Tanzania e-visa through the Official Tanzania Immigration Services Website ONLY and NOT through any other links.
TYPES OF VISA
An ordinary visa is issued at any Tanzanian mission abroad. It enables the holder to be granted a visitor’s pass at any entry point for a certain period of time.
Types of entries, validity of visa/passport and duration of stay for this category of visa are as follows:
- Single entry travel visa・・・・A validity of three (3) months with effect from date/day of issue and a maximum period of stay of ninety (90) days.
- Multiple entry travel visa ・・・・A validity of either twelve (12) or six (6) months with the effect from date of issue and a maximum period of stay of one hundred and twenty (120) days in aggregate,
Provided a single stay shall not exceed ninety (90) days.
Not applicable for leisure and holiday or visiting family and friends
This visa may be issued for a single entry or multiple entries to a holder of diplomatic, services or official passport or Travel Document of recognized International Organization who is on official duty and their Dependents. It can be also issued to a holder of ordinary passport or Travel document as it may be directed by the Commissioner General of Immigration and Commissioner of Immigration Zanzibar.
This Visa may be issued to foreign nationals for the purpose of transiting through to another destination outside the United Republic for a period not exceeding seven days..
Business Visa is issued to foreigners who wish to enter Tanzania for the purpose of temporarily conducting activities such as: business, trade, professional assignment for period not exceeding three months. The activities in this category of visa include;
- Special assignment like installation or maintenance of machinery,
- Conducting short courses / training
- Professional assignments like auditing / consultancy
To conduct legal business trade in accordance to Tanzania law
NOTE:Business Visa is issued for a period not exceeding three months and it is not extendable.
- Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, and with at least two adjacent blank passport pages available for the Tanzania visa stamps. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Tanzanian visas.
- One Tanzanian visa application form.
- Two recent, identical, 2 x 2 passport photographs, in colour, front view and with a plain/light background.
- A letter of invitation from sponsor (either host company or individual) in Tanzania explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Tanzania. In addition, the letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, and contact information in Tanzania.
- Letter from employer or sponsoring company in the UK, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company, clearly stating the purpose of visit to Tanzania, and requesting the Tanzanian visa. All letters must displays a U.K. mailing address.
How to apply for a Tanzanian e-visa online:
- Visit the Immigration Services Website
- Click “e-services” button
Select and click an “eVisa Application Form
- Fill all required details in the form
- Upload and attach relevant documents for the visa application
- As the application progresses the applicant will receive an e-mail message containing a User Identification Number which is used to track the application online
- After the form has been duly filled in the applicant will be required to make payment
- Upon successful payment, the applicant will submit their application
- Once an e-visa has been granted the applicant will be able to download and print their visa grant notice to be presented at the point of entry.
NOTE: There is currently no express service for e-visa application. A person traveling in less than ten working days will still be able to get a visa upon arrival PROVIDED that the applicant’s nationality does not fall under referred visa category.
E-Visa can be applied six months prior to the applicant’s travel.
To apply online for Tanzania e-visa,
View the Tanzania e-visa guidelines,
Any Question please email: email@example.com
Documents/Certificates of Identity of nationals of the following countries shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Dar-es-Salaam for approval:
- Visa application form duly filled.
- Clear passport size photographs.
- Clear of Passport/Travel document (Bio-data page) which must be valid for at least six months on proposed date of entry. (original) Introduction letter from Employer where applicable.
- Clear copy of resident/ work permits.
- Invitation letter from host in Tanzania explaining relationship between host and applicant and signed by the host (invitations by email which are usually not signed are unacceptable).
- Host’s copy of ID or Passport if visiting an individual. If host is non-Tanzanian copy of their resident permit will also be required.
Details of the host should be clearly stated both in the invitation letter and valid application form.
Postal address including postal code
Telephone/cell phone numbers
The applications are usually forwarded to Immigration Headquarters, Dar-es-Salaam for processing which takes 6-8 weeks, therefore should not book a ticket before obtaining their visa.
FILMING PERMIT APPLICATION
The government of Tanzania requires you to apply for a filming permit if you plan to take professional video footage in Tanzania. Please fill out the filming permit form available here (Filming Permit Application Form) for Tanzania Mainland and (Filming Permit Application) for Zanzibar. You must also send us the following:
- Detailed synopsis of the film (separate attachment)
- Crew list (Photocopy of passport picture and information page)
- Equipment list
Once we complete PART VI of the form, the Embassy will send your application to the Tanzania Film Board and you may follow up with them through the following email addresses. Note the application will not be sent directly back to you.
Board of Film Tanzania: firstname.lastname@example.org
The government of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever. If you are travelling directly from the United States and transit through another country, it is NOT REQUIRED.
However if you will stay for more than 24 hours in a country that is endemic for Yellow Fever, you are required to have the vaccine. A complete list of these countries is available at the U.S. CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/yellowfever/maps/index.html
Yellow Fever Vaccine Waiver:
If your doctor has recommended that you should not have the yellow fever vaccine due to a condition or having reached above 60 years of age, you can travel to Tanzania with your letter from the doctor and show it to the border immigration officer to waive the requirement.
The best choice of vaccines for your trip depends on many individual factors, including your precise travel plans. Vaccines commonly recommended for travelers to Africa include those against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Yellow fever, Malaria Rabies and Meningitis.
Certificate is required for entry into, or travel between, some African countries. Several of these vaccines require more than one dose, or take time to become effective. It is always best to seek advice from your doctor on immunization well in advance, if possible around 6 weeks before departure.
Pet licenses/certificates are required when traveling with pets to Tanzania. You may visit Frequently asked questions for more information.
RESEARCH AND JOURNALISM
Visas for research and journalism will only be granted after the applicant has been cleared by The Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO) respectively
P.O. BOX 4302, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: +255-22-27O.0750/ 270.0745
FAX: NO. 255-22-275313
|Journalism||Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO)|
P.O. BOX 9142, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: +255-22-211-0585/ 212.2771/ 211.2860,
|Please prepare the following items and submit them to the Embassy for authorization.|
No Visa is required for nationals of the following countries:For more information click here