Holders of any Travel Documents/Certificates of Identity and nationals of the following countries shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Dar-es-Salaam for approval:
- Equatorial Guinea
- Kazakhstan Republic
- Kyigten Republic
- Sri Lanka
- Somali land
- Sierra Leone
- Yemen and
- Stateless persons or persons with refugee status.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REFERRED VISAS
- Visa application form duly filled.
- Clear passport size photographs.
- Clear of Passport/Travel document (Bio-data page) which must be valid for at least six months on proposed date of entry. (original)
- Introduction letter from Employer where applicable.
- Clear copy of resident/ work permits.
- Invitation letter from host in Tanzania explaining relationship between host and applicant and signed by the host (invitations by email which are usually not signed are unacceptable).
Host’s copy of ID or Passport if visiting an individual. If host is non-Tanzanian copy of their resident permit will also be required.
Details of the host should be clearly stated both in the invitation letter and valid application form.
- Postal address including postal code
- Residential/Physical address
- Telephone/cell phone numbers
- E-mail address
The applications are usually forwarded to Immigration Headquarters, Dar-es-Salaam for processing which takes 6-8 weeks, therefore should not book a ticket before obtaining their visa.