OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF TANZANIA HIGH COMMISSION LONDON
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 12:30pm
Monday to Friday from 2:00 pm to 3:30pm
|For all visa applicants by POST from Novermber 1, 2017, visa payments will be accepted by bank transfer only.
* Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for visa application inquiries
Note: Our visas are valid for 90 days from the date of issue and not date of entry/travel to tanzania.
All British passport holders need a tourist or business visa to enter Tanzania Except holders of “Bailiwick of Jersey” passports.
- Evidence of your status in the United Kingdom MUST be enclosed, if you are not a U.K or EU passport holder.
No Visa is required for nationals of the following countries:
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA
There are two different ways for applying for a visa to the United Republic of Tanzania:
In person or by representative at Tanzania High Commission.
Submitting an application by post to Tanzania High Commission which can take up to ten working days to return your passport. All applications made by mail must be addressed to “The Visa Department.” Please note, a stamped, self-addressed special or recorded delivery envelope must be enclosed for us to return your passport.
(see more details below).
APPLICATIONS MADE IN PERSONAL OR BY POST
NOTE: Failure to meet the checklist the application shall be rejected.
- You are required to furnish the Visa form and documents in support of your visa application: (the form can be found at the bottom of this page.)
- Visa applications for minors under 18 years travelling alone or with only one parent/legal guardian should be accompanied by a consent letter, jointly signed by both parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel
Original passport valid for at least six months from the proposed date of entry to the date of departure from Tanzania, (At least one year for multiple entry business visa) with at least two adjacent blank passport pages available for Tanzania visa stamp.(Multiple does not apply on leisure and holiday and visiting friends and relatives)
- Two passport size photographs (Standard Uk passport size photos) attached to each application form.(Scanned photo printed on ordinary paper is not accepted)
- Letter of invitation from Tanzania and Introductory letter from their organisation or offices if travelling on business.
- Applicants may be requested to submit additional supporting documentation
- A stamped, self-addressed special or recorded delivery envelope must be enclosed for those applying by post.(Be sure you are able to track it)
- NOTE: All applications by post MUST be posted with a proof of payment. This can be: Payment receipt, payment confirmation, cash deposit receipt from our bank, transfer receipt from your bank, screenshot of online banking transfer with amount and date visible.
N.B: The High Commission shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage which occurred due to poor packaging, or that which occurred at courier handling facility.
An ordinary visa is issued at any Tanzanian mission abroad. It enables the holder to be granted a visitor’s pass at any entry point for a certain period of time.
Types of entries, validity of visa/passport and duration of stay for this category of visa are as follows:
- Single entry travel visa・・・・A validity of three (3) months with effect from date/day of issue and a maximum period of stay of ninety (90) days.
- Multiple entry travel visa ・・・・A validity of either twelve (12) or six (6) months with the effect from date of issue and a maximum period of stay of one hundred and twenty (120) days in aggregate,
Provided a single stay shall not exceed ninety (90) days.
Not applicable for leisure and holiday or visiting family and friends
Business Visa is issued to foreigners who wish to enter Tanzania for the purpose of temporarily conducting activities such as: business, trade, professional assignment for period not exceeding three months. The activities in this category of visa include;
- Special assignment like installation or maintenance of machinery,
- Conducting short courses / training
- Professional assignments like auditing / consultancy
To conduct legal business trade in accordance to Tanzania law
- Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, and with at least two adjacent blank passport pages available for the Tanzania visa stamps. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Tanzanian visas.
- One Tanzanian visa application form.
- Two recent, identical, 2 x 2 passport photographs, in colour, front view and with a plain/light background.
- A letter of invitation from sponsor (either host company or individual) in Tanzania explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Tanzania. In addition, the letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, and contact information in Tanzania.
- Letter from employer or sponsoring company in the UK, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company, clearly stating the purpose of visit to Tanzania, and requesting the Tanzanian visa. All letters must displays a U.K. mailing address.
Business Visa is issued for a period not exceeding three months and it is not extendable.
Students/Voluntary entry visa requirements are similar to above type of visa (Business Visa). However a letter of invitation from the contact Institution in Tanzania should be attached to the application.
Holders of any Travel Documents/Certificates of Identity and nationals of the following countries shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Dar-es-Salaam for approval:
- Equatorial Guinea
- Kazakhstan Republic
- Kyigten Republic
- Sri Lanka
- Somali land
- Sierra Leone
- Yemen and
- Stateless persons or persons with refugee status.
Referred Visas are required for nationals of the following countries:
N.B: IT IS EMPHASIZED THAT NATIONALS AND PERSONS OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED COUNTRIES AND/OR CATEGORIES ABOVE MAY NOT BE ALLOWED ENTRY INTO TANZANIA WITHOUT BEING IN POSSESSION OF REFERRED VISAS.REQUIREMENTS FOR REFERRED VISAS
- Referred Visa fee should only be paid after receiving approval from Tanzania.
- Visa application form duly filled.
- Clear passport size photographs.
- Clear of Passport/Travel document (Bio-data page) which must be valid for at least six months on proposed date of entry. (original)
- Introduction letter from Employer where applicable.
- Clear copy of resident/ work permits.
- Invitation letter from host in Tanzania explaining relationship between host and applicant and signed by the host (invitations by email which are usually not signed are unacceptable).
- No bookings or travel arrangements should be confirmed until a visa decision has been made. The High Commission will not be responsible for any loss of bookings made in anticipation of obtaining a Visa.
Host’s copy of ID or Passport if visiting an individual. If host is non-Tanzanian copy of their resident permit will also be required.
Details of the host should be clearly stated both in the invitation letter and valid application form.
- Postal address including postal code
- Residential/Physical address
- Telephone/cell phone numbers
- E-mail address
Decision to grant entry visa to Tanzania to Nationals of above countries is made at the Immigration Headquarters in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. However the application is forwarded by the Tanzania High Commission in London to Immigration Headquarters, Dar-es-Salaam. The processing period various from case to case which could take from 6-8 weeks or more, therefore should not book a ticket before obtaining visa.
For more information, please visit： Ministry of Home Affairs
VISA APPLICATION FESS AND PROCESSING PERIOD
Please note that a standard application will take a minimum of three (3) working days from a date that the application is received at the Mission. Same day and next day services are also available at an additional fee. Same day and next day does not apply on postal Applications. They can take up to ten (10) working days after the High Commission receives the application.
|TYPE OF VISA||STANDARD SERVICE||NEXT DAY SERVICE||SAME DAY SERVICE|
|MULTI 6 MONTHS||£80||£90||£100|
|MULTIPLE 1 YEAR||£100||£110||£120|
|REFERRED VISA||HOLDERS OF NATIONAL PASSPORTS||£40||£50||£60|
|HOLDERS OF TRAVEL DOCUMENT||£52||£62||£72|
PAYMENT METHODS FOR VISA APPLICATION
- Correct visa fee – The amount MUST be payable by card for those applying in person (All local cards accepted, EXCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS), bank transfer addressed to Tanzania High Commission for those applying by post and MUST enclose proof of payment (Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into High Commission Bank Account (see details below)
- Banker’s draft in Pounds Sterling issued to “Tanzania High Commission” (for applications from the Republic of Ireland);
- Bank Account Details; Account Name: Tanzania High Commission
- Cash is NOT accepted.
- Personal Cheques are NOT accepted.
- Blank Banker’s Draft will NOT be accepted.
- Visa application fees are non-refundable whether your application is successful or not.
- If you pay for same day service or next day service and your application is not processed within the specified time, you can claim a refund. You will be refunded the extra service fee – not standard fee.
- To request a refund write to us at: Visa Section, Tanzania High Commission, 3 Stratford Place, London, W1C 1AS
The best choice of vaccines for your trip depends on many individual factors, including your precise travel plans. Vaccines commonly recommended for travelers to Africa include those against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Yellow fever, Malaria Rabies and Meningitis.
Certificate is required for entry into, or travel between, some African countries. Several of these vaccines require more than one dose, or take time to become effective. It is always best to seek advice from your doctor on immunization well in advance, if possible around 6 weeks before departure.
The government of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever.
For Malaria, talk to your doctor about how to prevent malaria while traveling. You may need to take prescription medicine before, during, and after your trip to prevent malaria, especially if you are visiting low-altitude areas. See more detailed information about malaria in Tanzania.
RESEARCH AND JOURNALISM
Visas for journalism/filming and research will only be granted after the applicant has obtained a permit from the Tanzania Information Service （MAELEZO）and Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology （COSTECH）. The application procedure for each permit is as follows.
[Entry for assignments as journalists, photographers, film/video producers]
- Please prepare the following items and submit them to the Embassy for authorization.
(1) Application Form
- Filming Permit Application Form (Mainland) Download (PDF)
- Filming Permit Application Form (Zanzibar) Download (PDF)
(2) Cover letter
(3) Synopsis or Script
(4) Equipment list
(5) List of crew member and Passport copies of all accompanying members
National Film Censorship Board （For Mainland）Department of Culture Development
P.O.Box 8031 Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
FAX ： 255-22-2121920/2123931/2117819
TEL ： 255-22-2110585/2122771/2112860
|Zanzibar Information Services (MAELEZO) (For Zanzibar)
※All applicants are advised to submit the form at least one month before the commencing date of the assignment.
- After receiving the permit please apply for a Business purpose visa （B3） at the Tanzania Missions abroad.